Skip to main content

'Rupp, Puskedra and Japanese Distance Running'

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/249682-2012-Cross-Country-Season-on-Flotrack/article/15776-Rupp-Puskedra-and-Japanese-Distance-Running

Hmmn, the table at the heart of this article by Mitch Kastoff on Flotrack looks familiar. 


I think I've seen that picture of Rupp before too.

Update: It appears that Flotrack has added an apology to the article, but at this stage as far as I am aware I've neither been formally asked for nor given permission for my copyrighted material to be used on their website and have not been compensated for its use.  It's hard to see where there is a "misunderstanding" in taking someone else's work, attaching phrases such as "we assembled a list" and "our table," and republishing it.  I'm not from Texas but where I come from that would generally be described as "theft."


It's a strange coincidence that "Credit Where Credit is Due" was published exactly three years ago to the day.  Also that my own most recent comparison of U.S. and Japanese collegiate performances over middle and long distances was published only six days ago. 


The author of this fine piece, Mitch Kastoff.  And what do you know, I'm not the only one this year to have had something stolen by Flotrack.  You have to wonder how much advertising revenue they are pulling in from Asics and other sponsors while appropriating others' work.

Update: I have received a contribution to JRN from Kastoff at Flotrack.  Many thanks.

Comments

Most-Read This Week

Asian Games Preview - Entries, Timetable and Live Results

Back in Japan for the first time in 32 years and representing 60% of the world's population, with more athletes competing across all sports than at the Olympics, the Aichi-Nagoya Asian Games are already underway. Athletics competition starts tomorrow and runs through Tuesday the 29th. Some of the biggest names on the entry list include: Rumesh Tharanga Pathirage (SRI) - men's javelin throw - 2026 World Ultimate Championships gold and 2026 Diamond League champion Haruka Kitaguchi (JPN) - women's javelin throw - 2026 World Ultimate Championships and 2024 Paris Olympics gold Birhanu Balew (BRN) - men's 5000 m/10000 m - 2026 Diamond League 5000 m champion Sanghyeok Woo (KOR) - men's high jump - 2025 Tokyo World Championships silver Hayato Katsuki (JPN) - men's marathon race walk - 2025 Tokyo World Championships bronze Abderrahman Samba (QAT) - men's 400 mH - 2025 Tokyo World Championships bronze Jiale Zhang (CHN) - women's hammer throw - 2025 Tokyo W...

Endo, Nishikawa and Yamakawa Announce Corporate Team Changes

The SG Holdings men's corporate team announced on Oct. 1 that long-distance athletes Hyuga Endo and Yuichiro Nishikawa have joined its roster after leaving the Sumitomo Denko team. Endo, 28, won the Junior Olympics 3000 m while at Koriyama Nishi J.H.S. before going on to Gakuho Ishikawa H.S. where he was the the top Japanese placer in the 5000 m at the National High School Championships 2 years in a row. After graduating from Gakuho Ishikawa he joined the Sumitomo Denko team, winning the National Championships 5000 m in 2021. He won gold at the 2023 Asian Championships and represented Japan at the 2022 and 2023 World Championships. "I will give everything I have as part of the team and work hard toward helping it win the New Year Ekiden," he said of his new environment. Of his personal goals he said, "I want to focus on the 5000 m and reach new levels to compete internationally." Nishikawa, 28, was a member of Tokai University 's winning teams at the H...

2 Athletes Provisionally Suspended After Positive Drug Tests at Asian Games

The International Testing Agency announced on Oct. 2 that provisional suspensions have been imposed on two athletes, Kazakhstan's Aiana Bolatbekkyzy in track and field, and Tajikistan's Issamjon Sharifov in tennis, after they tested positive for prohibited substances at the Asian Games in Nagoya, Aichi. Bolatbekkyzy, 19, tested positive for the steroid drostanolone in a sample collected during an in-competition test at the Games. A diuretic drug was found in the sample collected from Sharifov, 23. source article: https://www.sanspo.com/article/20261002-X4FJLT5MMZKFND6WXPOESAKETQ/ translated by Brett Larner