Skip to main content

'In View of Japan's Race Culture, It is the Land of the Rising Run'

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/in-view-of-japans-race-culture-it-is-the-land-of-the-rising-run

Comments

TokyoRacer said…
I don't get it.
I don't get the title.
I don't get why it's in single quotation marks. (Are single quotation marks a thing?)
I don't get the "h".
I don't get the hyphens.
I don't get this at all.
Brett Larner said…
The editor of the linked publication might be able to help you with some of those.
TokyoRacer said…
Okay — the link did not make it into the first version of this article - the version I was looking at.
It was only: h the-rising-run
Brett Larner said…
I only posted the link to the article.
sonny said…
The reason for the hyphens is easy to understand but you might not agree with it.

The webmaster wanted to save the document / page using the name of the article. Instead of saving it as "inviewofjapans... etc" he put hyphens in for legibility. Brett chose to link the way he did so that is what you get.

This works too. I hope. Link to an interesting article my friend wrote.
Click here to go to the article.

Most-Read This Week

Endo, Nishikawa and Yamakawa Announce Corporate Team Changes

The SG Holdings men's corporate team announced on Oct. 1 that long-distance athletes Hyuga Endo and Yuichiro Nishikawa have joined its roster after leaving the Sumitomo Denko team. Endo, 28, won the Junior Olympics 3000 m while at Koriyama Nishi J.H.S. before going on to Gakuho Ishikawa H.S. where he was the the top Japanese placer in the 5000 m at the National High School Championships 2 years in a row. After graduating from Gakuho Ishikawa he joined the Sumitomo Denko team, winning the National Championships 5000 m in 2021. He won gold at the 2023 Asian Championships and represented Japan at the 2022 and 2023 World Championships. "I will give everything I have as part of the team and work hard toward helping it win the New Year Ekiden," he said of his new environment. Of his personal goals he said, "I want to focus on the 5000 m and reach new levels to compete internationally." Nishikawa, 28, was a member of Tokai University 's winning teams at the H...

3 Athletes Provisionally Suspended After Positive Drug Tests at Asian Games (updated)

The International Testing Agency announced on Oct. 2 that provisional suspensions have been imposed on two athletes, Kazakhstan's Aiana Bolatbekkyzy in track and field, and Tajikistan's Issamjon Sharifov in tennis, after they tested positive for prohibited substances at the Asian Games in Nagoya, Aichi. Bolatbekkyzy, 19, tested positive for the steroid drostanolone in a sample collected during an in-competition test at the Games. A diuretic drug was found in the sample collected from Sharifov, 23. Update:  On Oct. 3 a third athlete, kurash wrestler Yash Kumar Chauhan  of India, was provisionally suspended after an in-competition test detected the steroid metandienone, the metabolic modulator GW1516, and the stimulant mephentermine in his system. source article: https://www.sanspo.com/article/20261002-X4FJLT5MMZKFND6WXPOESAKETQ/ translated by Brett Larner