Skip to main content

Japan Running News has hit 500 posts. I started this blog just over a year ago and hope that it is achieving its goal of making some of the incredible running that happens here more visible to the rest of the world. I want to thank everyone who has helped me, the athletes, coaches and agents I've met through this work, and all the readers who have taken the time to contact me or leave comments.

In the next year I hope to expand JRN's scale to include more premium content and to work toward realizing some of the opportunities which came up this year both for Japanese runners to run overseas and for foreign runners to race here. I will also be moving toward increased legibility in format for those who do not like contrast. Thanks again.

Brett Larner

Comments

Al in Vancouver said…
Congratulations. I appreciate your work.

Al
www.terminalcitytraining.com
Anonymous said…
As a fan of Japanese marathoners, I must say I am now much more informed about all Japanese runnning activities than ever before, thanks to your good work. Really appreciate it. Cheers.
Vincent
Roberto said…
As terminal wrote, your work is much appreciated. Well done.
Anonymous said…
MUCHAS FELICIDADES
MUY BUEN BLOG
ME MANTENGO INFORMADO SOBRE TAKAHASHI MI IDOLA Y LAS DEMAS NOTICIAS DE ATLETISMO JAPONES.
SABE SI FUKUSHI VOLVERA A OSAKA EN ENERO?
MARCOS CHILE
Brett Larner said…
Thanks for the comments. Marcos, Fukushi and her coach have been noncommital about her marathon plans in the interviews I've read this fall. They just keep saying, "We're not thinking past the Jitsugyodan Ekiden Championships."
Andrew Armiger said…
Thanks and kudos to you! Yours is a brilliant beacon in the blogosphere.
Chris M said…
Great blog - keep up the good work!
Anonymous said…
Really enjoy your blog - look forward to reading further entries!
Brett Larner said…
The new format is still in progress.
moguli said…
Thanks Brett! Your blog is absolutely awesome. Keep up the good work!

Jarno, Finland

Most-Read This Week

Endo, Nishikawa and Yamakawa Announce Corporate Team Changes

The SG Holdings men's corporate team announced on Oct. 1 that long-distance athletes Hyuga Endo and Yuichiro Nishikawa have joined its roster after leaving the Sumitomo Denko team. Endo, 28, won the Junior Olympics 3000 m while at Koriyama Nishi J.H.S. before going on to Gakuho Ishikawa H.S. where he was the the top Japanese placer in the 5000 m at the National High School Championships 2 years in a row. After graduating from Gakuho Ishikawa he joined the Sumitomo Denko team, winning the National Championships 5000 m in 2021. He won gold at the 2023 Asian Championships and represented Japan at the 2022 and 2023 World Championships. "I will give everything I have as part of the team and work hard toward helping it win the New Year Ekiden," he said of his new environment. Of his personal goals he said, "I want to focus on the 5000 m and reach new levels to compete internationally." Nishikawa, 28, was a member of Tokai University 's winning teams at the H...

3 Athletes Provisionally Suspended After Positive Drug Tests at Asian Games (updated)

The International Testing Agency announced on Oct. 2 that provisional suspensions have been imposed on two athletes, Kazakhstan's Aiana Bolatbekkyzy in track and field, and Tajikistan's Issamjon Sharifov in tennis, after they tested positive for prohibited substances at the Asian Games in Nagoya, Aichi. Bolatbekkyzy, 19, tested positive for the steroid drostanolone in a sample collected during an in-competition test at the Games. A diuretic drug was found in the sample collected from Sharifov, 23. Update:  On Oct. 3 a third athlete, kurash wrestler Yash Kumar Chauhan  of India, was provisionally suspended after an in-competition test detected the steroid metandienone, the metabolic modulator GW1516, and the stimulant mephentermine in his system. source article: https://www.sanspo.com/article/20261002-X4FJLT5MMZKFND6WXPOESAKETQ/ translated by Brett Larner