Skip to main content

Japan Running News Now Appearing in Runnerville Weekly Podcast

Beginning this week I'll be contributing to the Runnerville Weekly series of podcasts. I will mostly be talking about different aspects of Japanese distance running, unsurprisingly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats. You are certainly the man to do it. Enthusuasm, check, knowledge, check, ability, check, Japanese language, check, loves to talk, check...

Good luck!

Ryano
B.I.M said…
Hi runners
I'd like to let you guys know that the Borneo International Marathon will be held on October 12th 2008 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.

It is the first marathon to be held in Sabah in over 20 years and is currently the only marathon to be organized in Borneo for this year.

For more info please visit www.borneomarathon.com or email me at info@borneomarathon.com

Cheers and have a great week ahead
Best,
Shan Sandhu
Event Coordinator

Most-Read This Week

Endo, Nishikawa and Yamakawa Announce Corporate Team Changes

The SG Holdings men's corporate team announced on Oct. 1 that long-distance athletes Hyuga Endo and Yuichiro Nishikawa have joined its roster after leaving the Sumitomo Denko team. Endo, 28, won the Junior Olympics 3000 m while at Koriyama Nishi J.H.S. before going on to Gakuho Ishikawa H.S. where he was the the top Japanese placer in the 5000 m at the National High School Championships 2 years in a row. After graduating from Gakuho Ishikawa he joined the Sumitomo Denko team, winning the National Championships 5000 m in 2021. He won gold at the 2023 Asian Championships and represented Japan at the 2022 and 2023 World Championships. "I will give everything I have as part of the team and work hard toward helping it win the New Year Ekiden," he said of his new environment. Of his personal goals he said, "I want to focus on the 5000 m and reach new levels to compete internationally." Nishikawa, 28, was a member of Tokai University 's winning teams at the H...

3 Athletes Provisionally Suspended After Positive Drug Tests at Asian Games (updated)

The International Testing Agency announced on Oct. 2 that provisional suspensions have been imposed on two athletes, Kazakhstan's Aiana Bolatbekkyzy in track and field, and Tajikistan's Issamjon Sharifov in tennis, after they tested positive for prohibited substances at the Asian Games in Nagoya, Aichi. Bolatbekkyzy, 19, tested positive for the steroid drostanolone in a sample collected during an in-competition test at the Games. A diuretic drug was found in the sample collected from Sharifov, 23. Update:  On Oct. 3 a third athlete, kurash wrestler Yash Kumar Chauhan  of India, was provisionally suspended after an in-competition test detected the steroid metandienone, the metabolic modulator GW1516, and the stimulant mephentermine in his system. source article: https://www.sanspo.com/article/20261002-X4FJLT5MMZKFND6WXPOESAKETQ/ translated by Brett Larner