Skip to main content

Video of Olympic Marathoner Kizaki and Teammate Nakazato Training in Flagstaff


The Daihatsu women's team posted this video of London Olympics marathon team member Ryoko Kizaki and her teammate, 2:24:28 marathoner Remi Nakazato, training in Flagstaff, Arizona on its website.  According to the splits being called out, in the early part of the video the group is running just under 4:00/km pace.  After the jump Kizaki and Nakazato are running roughly 3:35/km, closing with a 3:28 before doing some sprints. Nakazato's comments:

I'm Remi Nakazato.  Right now I'm based in Flagstaff in the United States.  Every day I'm training hard with all my great teammates.  Since I got here I've been feeling better and better, so the workouts have been really fulfilling and day-to-day life has been a lot of fun.  My next race is the National Track and Field Championships in Osaka in June.  I'm from Osaka, so I want to run the kind of race that's going to make everybody who comes to watch happy.  I also want to tell everyone who ordinarily supports me and the people who make my training possible that I'm working hard.  Here in America I'm eating a lot, running a lot, and I'm happy and healthy and doing my best.  Thank you for your support now and in the future.

translation (c) 2012 Brett Larner
all rights reserved

Comments

TokyoRacer said…
That's why I don't reach my full potential - I have no one to hand me water during my training runs!
And I don't change direction....

Most-Read This Week

Endo, Nishikawa and Yamakawa Announce Corporate Team Changes

The SG Holdings men's corporate team announced on Oct. 1 that long-distance athletes Hyuga Endo and Yuichiro Nishikawa have joined its roster after leaving the Sumitomo Denko team. Endo, 28, won the Junior Olympics 3000 m while at Koriyama Nishi J.H.S. before going on to Gakuho Ishikawa H.S. where he was the the top Japanese placer in the 5000 m at the National High School Championships 2 years in a row. After graduating from Gakuho Ishikawa he joined the Sumitomo Denko team, winning the National Championships 5000 m in 2021. He won gold at the 2023 Asian Championships and represented Japan at the 2022 and 2023 World Championships. "I will give everything I have as part of the team and work hard toward helping it win the New Year Ekiden," he said of his new environment. Of his personal goals he said, "I want to focus on the 5000 m and reach new levels to compete internationally." Nishikawa, 28, was a member of Tokai University 's winning teams at the H...

3 Athletes Provisionally Suspended After Positive Drug Tests at Asian Games (updated)

The International Testing Agency announced on Oct. 2 that provisional suspensions have been imposed on two athletes, Kazakhstan's Aiana Bolatbekkyzy in track and field, and Tajikistan's Issamjon Sharifov in tennis, after they tested positive for prohibited substances at the Asian Games in Nagoya, Aichi. Bolatbekkyzy, 19, tested positive for the steroid drostanolone in a sample collected during an in-competition test at the Games. A diuretic drug was found in the sample collected from Sharifov, 23. Update:  On Oct. 3 a third athlete, kurash wrestler Yash Kumar Chauhan  of India, was provisionally suspended after an in-competition test detected the steroid metandienone, the metabolic modulator GW1516, and the stimulant mephentermine in his system. source article: https://www.sanspo.com/article/20261002-X4FJLT5MMZKFND6WXPOESAKETQ/ translated by Brett Larner