Japanese results from the third day of the Asian Junior Athletics Championship 2010 in Hanoi, Vietnam:
- Haruka Shibata scored the gold medal in the girls' 400 m hurdles, running 1:00.20.
- Ryota Matono was the silver medalist in the boys' 1500 m in 3:58.28, with Komazawa University standout first year Ikuto Yufu 4th in 4:02.60.
- Chikako Mori took the bronze medal in the girls' 1500 m in 4:35.26 with Saki Komiya 4th in 4:37.13.
- Boys' 100 m bronze medalist Kazuki Baba came 4th in the 110 m hurdles final.
- Yuichi Nagano and Seiya Kato both won their heats in the boys' 400 m hurdles to advance to the final.
- Mizuki Ito advanced to the final in the girls' 200 m after finishing 2nd in her heat in 25.36.
- Taishi Nakayama and Naohiro Yokoyama likewise advanced to the final in the boys' 200 m as they finished 1st and 2nd in their heats in 21.67 and 22.06.
- Yuko Enomoto took silver in the girls' pole vault, clearing 3 m 65.
- Miya Itoman finished 4th in the girls' discus throw.
- Takaya Sugawara came 9th in the boys' high jump.
(c) 2010 Brett Larner
all rights reserved