A summary of Japanese results from the final day of the Asian Junior Athletics Championship 2010 in Hanoi, Vietnam:
- Seiya Kato won the gold medal in the boys' 400 m hurdles in 50.83, with teammate Yuichi Nagano scoring bronze in 51.21.
- Mahiro Akamatsu likewise won gold in the girls' 3000 m, running 9:36.47, while teammate Naoko Koizumi was only 5th.
- Ikuto Yufu and Ikki Takeuchi took silver and bronze in the boys' 5000 m, Yufu losing by less than one second to Kenyan-born Bahraini Edwin Chebii Kimurer.
- Manabu Aoki took the silver medal in the boys' 10000 m race walk in 45:01.73.
- Taishi Nakayama won bronze in the boys' 200 m in 21.05 after winning his semi-final. Winner Chimdee Suppachai of Thailand set a new Games record of 20.80. Naohiro Yokoyama was eliminated at the semi-final stage.
- The boys' 4x400 m relay team won silver in 3:12.14, while the boys' 4x100 m relay team won bronze in 40.64.
- Sho Kawamoto was 5th in the boys' 800 m in 1:52.62.
- As in the girls' 100 m, Mizuki Ito finished last in the girls' 200 m final.
- Miya Itoman won silver in the girls' hammer throw with a throw of 46 m 77.
(c) 2010 Brett Larner
all rights reserved