2010 World Junior Championships - Top Results
click here for complete results
Men's 10000 m
1. Dennis Chepkongin Masai (KEN) - 27:53.88 - PB
2. Gebretsadik Abraha (ETH) - 28:03.45 - PB
3. Paul Kipchumba Lonyangata (KEN) - 28:14.55 - PB
8. Suguru Osako (JPN) - 29:40.14 (ranked 3rd pre-race)
9. Fuminori Shikata (JPN) - 29:47.87 (ranked 5th pre-race)
In other results from the second day of competition:
- Manami Mashita made the second round in the women's 800 m while teammate Ayaka Yokose missed the cutoff.
- Although Junki Yanagisawa recorded a season best, both he and Keitaro Sato failed to move past the first round in the men's 400 m.
- Miho Shingu was more successful, making the next round in the women's 400 m.
- Both Takumi Kuki and Ryo Onabuta advanced through the first round of the men's 100 m.
- Nodoka Seka likewise advanced in the women's 100 m, but teammate Akane Ishida was a DNS.
- Women's 100 m hurdler Aoi Kawasaki did not move on.
- Men's long jumper Seijji Hiura was eliminated in the qualification stage of the men's long jump.
- The same went for Miyo Itoman in the women's discus throw.