Japanese results from the second day of the Asian Junior Athletics Championship 2010 in Hanoi, Vietnam:
- Keita Shitara and Shingo Hayashi went 2-3 in the boys' 10000 m but fell well short of challenging gold medalist Suresh Kumar of India.
- Hiroi Maeda won the silver medal in the girls' 10000 m walk, 14 seconds behind winner Lingling Tong of China in 49:25.87. Yakako Kaga was 4th in 51:07.62.
- Yuka Sato took a surprise bronze in the girls' javelin throw with a throw of 48 m 46.
- Both Kengo Yamasaki and Suguru Ito finished out of the medals in the boys' 400 m.
- Sho Kawamoto advanced to the final in the boys' 800 m, 3rd in his heat in 1:55.88.
- Boys' 100 m bronze medalist Kazuki Baba advanced to the final in the boys' 110 m hurdles, 3rd in his heat in 14.47.
(c) 2010 Brett Larner
all rights reserved