2010 World Junior Championships - Top Results
click here for complete results
Women's 5000 m
1. Genzebe Dibaba (ETH) - 15:08.06
2. Mercy Cherono (KEN) - 15:09.19
3. Alice Aprot Nawowuna (KEN) - 15:17.39 - PB
5. Ayuko Suzuki (JPN) - 15:47.36 - PB (ranked 10th pre-race)
8. Nanaka Izawa (JPN) - 15:59.29 (ranked 6th pre-race)
In other results:
- Gold medal favorite Kumiko Okada scored Japan's first medal of the games, a bronze in the women's 10000 m race walk. Okada was just off her PB, clocking 45:56.15, but was outdone by over a minute and a half by Russians Elena Lashmanova and Anna Lukyanova, both of whom were competing in their first track 10000 m. Japan's Chiaki Asada took 6th in 46:39.93, a PB by 7 seconds.
- Takatoshi Abe won the 4th heat of the men's 400 mH in 50.53, a season best. He was the only runner in all seven heats to go under 51.
- Takumi Kuki and Ryo Onabuta were eliminated in the men's 100 m semi-final, finishing 5th and 6th in their heats respectively.
- Manami Ashita finished last in the third semi-final heat of the women's 800 m. Miho Shingu also finished last in the first semi-final heat of the women's 400 m, while Nodoka Seko finished last in the first semi-final heat of the women's 100 m.
- Men's high jumper Naoto Tobe advanced through the qualification round ranked 3rd. His teammate Takashi Eto failed to move on.