Monday, March 1, 2010

Yokota Takes Bronze at Asian Indoor Championships

by Brett Larner

Men's 800 m national record holder Masato Yokota (Keio Univ.) won a bronze medal on the second day of competition at the 2010 Asian Indoor Athletics Championships in Tehran, Iran. After winning his semifinal in 1:52.74 on Feb. 24 Yokota returned the next day with a 1:54.71 to take the bronze behind Mohammed Al Azemi of Kuwait and Musaaba Bala of Qatar.

Other medals earned at the Championships included a leap of 7.65 m for the gold by long jumper Rikia Saruyama and a silver for Nobuaki Fujibayashi with a 16.33 m in the men's triple jump. Click here for complete results.

Special thanks to JRN reader Sayyed Abolfazl for bringing this story to our attention.

(c) 2010 Brett Larner
all rights reserved

1 comment:

Sayyed Abolfazl said...

hi
you're welcome. I was looking for a good Japanese athletics website in English language and I found your weblog. Congratulations It's a very good one and up to date. I am MASATO's friend If you see him tell him my hello. I'm a young coach and my father is the national team of Iran coach.
Maybe we cooperate one day.
Thanks