Monday, September 21, 2009

Josai University Men Sweep Ichinoseki International Half Marathon

http://www.iwate-np.co.jp/sports/2009sports/m09/spo0909211.html

translated and edited by Brett Larner

At the 28th Ichinoseki International Half Marathon on Sept. 20 in Ichinoseki, Iwate Prefecture, Josai University senior Yuki Takamiya took the overall win in a time of 1:05:51. Takamiya launched an attack with 1 km to go to hold off junior teammate Ryo Ishita, famous for collapsing on the 8th stage of this year's Hakone Ekiden, by one second. Josai first-year Dai Nakahara came third to complete Josai's sweep.

Iwate native Yu Chiba, who ran the 8th stage for this year's Hakone winners Toyo University, was a special invited runner and finished 5th overall in 1:06:33. Fusai Narita (Team NEC Fuchu) won the women's division in a time of 1:24:23.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

where can I find full results in english?

Brett Larner said...

Sorry, but I don't think you will be able to find them anywhere. Runnet should have them up shortly in Japanese here:

http://runnet.jp/record/

Brandon said...

would it be possible to send me the exact link to the results when they are posted? THANK YOU!!!

Brandon said...

I found the results but it only lists the top 10 in each age category...I believe I finished 16th overall...would you happen to know where I could find full results? Mahalo!!!