Thursday, July 26, 2012

Marathoner Kizaki Arrives in London

http://www.47news.jp/CN/201207/CN2012072501002039.html

translated by Brett Larner

27-year-old Olympic marathoner Ryoko Kizaki (Team Daihatsu) arrived at London's Heathrow Airport on July 25 from her high-altitude training camp in the United States.  "I'm really excited to get here.  If I can finish the race with a smile I'll be happy," she laughed.  Kizaki has been training at 2100 m in Flagstaff, Arizona with the other two members of the women's Olympic marathon team for more than a month.  "The training camp ran a little long, but I'm ready.  The solid base I built up gives me a lot of confidence," she said, her tanned face giving evidence of her preparedness.

Kizaki will skip the opening ceremony, focusing on her final sharpening for the race on Aug. 5.

1 comment:

kevin said...

Risa Shigetomo is crapped losing to Irina Mikitenko.