Friday, December 7, 2012

Hokkaido Marathon Course Record Holder Shimahara Gives Birth to Son

http://sw-ac.jugem.jp/?eid=2548

translated by Brett Larner

We would like to announce that Second Wind AC athlete Kiyoko Shimahara gave birth to her first child, a son, at 12:19 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 6.  Both mother and child are in good health.

Birth: Thursday, Dec. 6, 12:19 p.m.
Gender: male
Weight: 2680 g
Height: 47.5 cm

Shimahara's comments:
I'm relieved to be able to say that everything went smoothly with the delivery.  These days there are a lot of marathoners who still race after having given birth.  I don't have any definite plans yet, but after talking things over with my family and keeping an eye on my physical condition I hope to make a comeback at some point.  I hope you will all keep supporting me and cheer for me whenever that day comes.

No comments: